DERBY HOTELS COLLECTION COMMITMENT ON COVID-19
At Derby Hotels Collection, our priority is the safety and well-being of our customers, employees and suppliers. Given the spread of the coronavirus, we want, first of all, to express our solidarity with all those affected.
We understand the concern that constantly evolving information may generate about travel restrictions and canceled or postponed public events; and we are carefully listening and answering to all questions and concerns that we receive from our customers, employees, and suppliers.
All our properties in Barcelona and Madrid are proceeding with the closure ordered by the Ministry of Health; while in Paris and London we continue to observe all the regulations and recommendations of the competent Authorities. These are the main actions that we are developing to guarantee the safety of our customers, employees and suppliers:
- Reduction of the teams and mobilized staff to the minimum necessary to cover the essential services.
- Promotion of teleworking in all those tasks and operations that allow it.
- Permanent communication with health authorities, government institutions and industry associations.
- Continuous updating of information to customers, employees and suppliers.
- Preventive cleaning measures in rooms, common areas and internal or storage areas, following strict control standards.
- Defined action procedures in case of suspected contagion or infection.
- Total commitment to the rules and regulations necessary to prioritize health and well-being.
Our commitment to cleanliness:
We take hygiene and cleanliness standards very seriously, and are implementing additional measures to ensure the safety of all our guests, employees and suppliers. The health and safety measures of our hotels are designed to face a wide spectrum of viruses, including COVID-19, and range from hygiene in hand washing and specifications of cleaning products, to procedures for cleaning rooms, areas common and internal or storage areas.
Flexibility in reservations:
In addition, we have also adapted our cancellation and reservation change policies to offer additional flexibility to our customers in the current situation.
We take this opportunity once again to thank the trust, support and loyalty of all our customers, employees and suppliers; and ratify our commitment to all of them.
Message from Joaquim Clos to all our employees:
"Above all, I stand in solidarity with all those affected by this virus, which I am sure we will overcome by working together, as a team. I want to take this opportunity to convey a message of deep admiration, both personally and professionally, to all our teams in Barcelona, Madrid, London and Paris. From the first minute that this crisis began, you have been and are on the front line, receiving, attending, helping and caring for all the guests who continue to stay in our hotels. You are a true example for many. Millions of thanks for staying by my side."